This content is part of a series.
The Plea for Unity (8 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul helped establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
Text: Ephesians 4:1-16
I. Paul's Reminds Us Of Calling. V. 1
A. Paul a prisoner
1. Paul reminds us that there is a price to serve Jesus.
2. He is in prison for serving the Lord.
B. Paul Begs us
1. Lead a life worthy of the calling. Worthy "axios" Balance the scales.
2. We need to walk and conduct ourselves in a way that Honors the Family Name.
C. We need to be people who are Honoring the Father.
1. Remember leading a worthy life does not secure your calling.
2. Your calling secures you living a worthy life.
Key Pt: Because you are then you live this way. YOU ARE NOW LIVING
Empowered by God's Grace so now you live this way. You Are Now a
New Creation in Christ and now you live this way.
D. You have been called by God!
1. Remember that God Called You!
2. That God saved you, you did not save yourself!
II. Paul Reminds Us Of Character v. 2 - 3
A. Because Of The Calling There is ...
There are 5313 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.