This content is part of a series.
Trusting in Trials and Temptations of Life (1 of 11)
Series: James - Living Life
1 Peter 1:6-8; 1 Peter 4:12-13; James 1:1-18
Today I am starting a new Series on Faith that Works. We will be studying the Book of James and see How Faith Works. We are living in a day and age where the World around us is looking for the Genuine, for the Authentic and for the Real Faith Found In Jesus Christ.
I know this series is going to both Encourage and Challenge each and every one of us. I want to get us beyond talking about being a Christ Follower but now living out the life of Jesus everyday.
This is the time to step out and be the Authentic, Real Christ Follower the world is looking for. The greatest time to live is now.
Background: The Jewish people have been scattered because of persecution. They are now living abroad in foreign countries. They are experiencing some challenging times and James is writing to encourage them. James does not spend much time in teaching doctrine but rather in how our Christian Faith should be lived out.
I. The Trials of Life v. 2 - 4
A. My brothers
1. James is letting them know that he is going through the same stuff.
2. James is not above what he is writing to them about.
3. He is letting them know that he is in the same boat.
4. In fact we know that James actually is killed for his faith later in life.
B. Trials of life/Trouble comes your way
1. Not if but when trials come. It is part of life.
2. Various trials - trials come in different shapes and sizes.
C. The Greek Word for Trial/Trouble is Peirasmoi
1. It can refer to either trials from within or without.
2. It is used for personal periods of crisis, tests of character.
3. It is used also to refer to an outward temptation to become involved in sin.
D. The Joyful response to Trials/Testing
1. The emphasis is not on the trials but on the response to the trials.
2. You respond with Joy not at the test or trial but in the test or ...
There are 9138 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.