The Power of Prayer (11 of 11) by Benny Perez
This content is part of a series.The Power of Prayer (11 of 11)
Series: James - Living Life
Background: The Jewish people have been scattered because of persecution. They are now living abroad in foreign countries. They are experiencing some challenging times and James is writing to encourage them. James does not spend much time in teaching doctrine but rather in how our Christian Faith should be lived out.
James is now giving them Prayer as the key to them having Patience in Persecution. Prayer is the divine life line of God. Prayer is you not just speaking to the Lord but the Lord speaking to you. James gives us 4 types of prayer that we are to use.
I. Personal Prayer v. 13
A. What to do when suffering?
1. If you are suffering, going through a tough time, you need to pray.
2. Notice it does not say that you should grumble, complain or feel sorry for yourself.
3. It calls us to prayer.
B. Notice that there is personal responsibility!
1. If you are in trouble you should pray.
2. It does not say you should call the church, or your friend or ask anybody else to pray.
Key Pt: The Bible makes it clear that we have the responsibility to pray for ourselves. The first course of action when in trouble should be that we pray!
Prayer is what brings more Grace on our lives. James 4:6
Prayer brought more Grace into Paul's life when he asked the Lord to take away his trouble. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
C. What should be the response of those who are in a blessed season?
1. You should sing Psalms.
2. You should be singing songs from the heart.
3. You should be singing songs that are ignited from a grateful heart.
Key Pt: The Spirit Filled life is one that produces a song in the heart. Eph. 5:18 -19.
There is power in Prayer and Praise. Paul and Silas in prison Acts 16:25
II. Pastoral Prayer v. 14 - 15
A. How is a person sick?
1. The word sick literally means ...
There are 3858 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1929 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!