This content is part of a series.
Love In The Desert (5 of 9)
Series: Moses and Friends
OPEN: Jeffrey Sackett once observed:
Think of how often in scripture it is the woman who is the vehicle for ministry.
• Who prompted Jesus to perform His first miracle? A Woman! (His mother)
• Who ministered to Christ during His public ministry? The women!
• Who anointed Jesus' feet? The women! (One a prostitute/ another Mary/sister of Martha)
• Who stayed with Jesus throughout his trial and crucifixion? The women!
• Who were the first witnesses to the resurrected Savior? The women!
• Who makes up the majority of the population of most churches today? The women!
One person has observed that women are more naturally religious than men. They tend to understand the need for God more readily. And they are often touched by the emotional appeal of Jesus easier than men are.
Because of their potential for faith, women often serve as the backbone of many churches and ministries. And they have the potential to develop their husbands and sons into great leaders.
Men may be called to positions of leadership in the church but without Godly women beside them… they're not going to get much done.
This morning we're being introduced to a woman named Zipporah, the wife of Moses.
And from I've read out of Scripture, I believe that Zipporah deeply loved her husband
And deeply loved her children
She'd been married to Moses for about 40 years
And she's born him two sons - Gershom and Eliezer
In fact - Exodus 2:22 tells us that not long after their marriage "Zipporah gave birth to a son, and Moses named him Gershom (Gershom mean "alien"), saying, 'I have become an alien in a foreign land.'"
But now, their 2nd son - Eliezer seems to be a different story.
He seems to have been born around the time when God met Moses on the Mountain, because his name doesn't reflect Moses' isolation in exile but rather his new found encouragement in God.
Eliezer means "God is my helper"
There are 14395 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.