This content is part of a series.
His Blood Be Upon Us (4 of 9)
Series: Whose Line Is It?
INTERESTING ANSWERING MACHINE MESSAGES:
* Hello, you are talking to a machine... I am capable of receiving messages... My owners do not need siding, windows or a hot tub, and their carpets are clean. They give to charity at the office and don’t need their picture taken. If you’re still with me, leave your name and home phone number and they will get back to you
* Hi. This is John: If you are the phone company, I already sent the money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my bank, you didn’t lend me enough money. If you are my friends, you owe me money. If you are a female, don’t worry, I have LOTS of money.
* Hi. I’m probably home, I’m just avoiding someone I don’t like. Leave me a message, and if I don’t call back, it’s you.
APPLY: What I found interesting about all those messages was they were all saying the same thing. They are all saying: I have decided what to do with certain people.
* If you’re selling something, if I owe you something, or if you’re someone I don’t like - don’t expect to get a call back
* But if you’re someone I like, or someone I need - I’ll get back with you.
They all answered the question: "What am I going to do with the person who is trying to call me?"
2000 years ago, Pilate asked a question: "What shall I do... with Jesus who is called Christ?" (Matthew 27:22) And everybody that day had to make a decision. What were they going to do with Jesus?
I. What’s interesting, is how the Jews responded.
"Crucify Him..." they cried, "Let His blood be upon us and our children."
As I read that, I thought to myself: "What in the world were they thinking?"
You need to realize that God didn’t smile on the shedding of innocent blood. In fact, if an innocent person was killed, Israel was expected to put the murderer to death so that they would be able to "purge from Israel the guilt of shedding innocent blood...." (Deuteronom ...
There are 10567 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.