This content is part of a series.
The 7 Trumpets (7 of 16)
CONTEXT: This is our seventh week in our study of the Revelation. Remember we are looking at the book from this perspective:
Following the removal of the Church, we are saying that Ethnic Israel comes to faith in the midst of the tribulation. Then they are sealed so that the Judgement will not harm them.
• So the Church is Protected FROM Tribulation.
• Redeemed Israel is Protected THROUGH Tribulation.
CONTEXT: We have seen a few weeks ago, God the Father with a scroll in his hand that was sealed with 7 seals. No one was found who could approach the Ancient of Days and take the scroll and open the seals. John wept. The elder said, weep no more - behold the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Last time we were together we covered the opening of the first 6 seals,
• The white horse: warfare. vv. 1-2; Mark 13:7
• The red horse: international strife. vv. 3-4; Mark 13:8a
• The black horse: famine, economic inequity. vv. 5-6; Mark 13:8c
• The pale horse: death and Hades. vv. 7-8; Mark 13:12
• The martyrs under the altar: persecution. vv. 9-11; Mark 13:11
• The earthquake, moon, and stars: Day of wrath. vv. 12-17; Mark 13:24-25 Interlude: God's Servants Sealed and Saved. 7:1-17
Now we are looking at the 7th seal, which unleashes 7 trumpet judgements.
TEXT: Revelation 8:1–9:21 (ESV)
1 When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
Now, I have heard that some speculate that this verse serves as irrefutable proof that there are no women in Heaven. I don’t believe that of course, but there is some compelling evidence.
2 Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
NOW - Trumpets in the Bible served the same purpose of a siren in our day.
ILLUSTRATION: If you are walking down the street, then all of a sudden you hear a LOUD siren behind you, what do you do? You move out of the ...
There are 11532 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.