Humility: The Forgotten Path to Greatness (9 of 10) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Humility: The Forgotten Path to Greatness (9 of 10)
Series: Mind Games
THE FORGOTTEN PATH
Four Key Passages
Philippians 2:3-11/ Matthew 20:20-28/ John 13:1-17/ Proverbs 20:28 and 1 Kings 12:1-17
The Myths And The Reality
(1) Humility is not a LACK OF CONFIDENCE or a LOW OPINION OF YOURSELF
Matthew 11:29/ Matthew 4:19/ John 10:30-33/ John 14:6
(2) Biblical humility is simply the opposite of SELFISHNESS and EMPTY CONCEIT
Philippians 2:3-4/ Romans 12:3
(3) Biblical humility is something we DO, not something we FEEL
Philippians 2:8 and Matthew 26:39/ Ephesians 4:2/ John 13:1-17
(4) Biblical humility flows out of our STRENGTH and SECURITY
John 13:2-5 and 12-17
(5) If you want to get to the top and stay there, humbly serve those ABOVE, BELOW and AROUND YOU
Philippians 2:8-11/ Matthew 20:26-28/ James 4:10/ 1 Peter 5:5-6/ Proverbs 20:28
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. This week we heard that humility does not mean we lack confidence or never speak of our achievements. Yet, the difference between confidence and arrogance can be a fine line. For example, if a person you didn't know walked into the room and spoke about a great acco ...
There are 2769 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1384 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!