This content is part of a series.
Getting The Story Straight (1 of 3)
Series: The Gospel
Pastor Frank Damazio
A word with so many emotions, shades of meaning, experiences and life changes. The gospel. What comes to your mind when you hear the word "gospel?" Most of us probably think of Jesus, the Cross and forgiveness of our sins. Maybe we think of heaven, hell or eternity. All of these are weighty thoughts, life-changing experiences. The first Scripture I memorized as a young boy was John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." I knew the passage but didn't know the truth or experience the truth for many years. The gospel is both for those yet to find Christ, for those away from Christ and for those in Christ. The gospel is for everyone.
A. THE GOSPEL IS:
1. God welcoming you just as you are, by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, remaking you and setting you on a path to an unimaginably great future!
2. The persistent God never giving up on you, always loving you, holding His arms open, saying, "Welcome home."
3. The life-altering news that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became human, lived a sinless life, died for sinners and came back to life so that humanity could have a relationship with God.
1. Rom. 1:16, Message: It's new I'm most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God's powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else!
2. Gal. 1:11, Message: Know this-I am most emphatic here, friends-this great Message I delivered to you is not mere human optimism.
3. Acts 20:24, Message: But that matters little. What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God.
II. THE GOSPEL IS NECESSARY
Rom. 3:9-18, Message: So where doe ...
There are 13039 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.