Perspective: Seeing The Big Picture (4 of 10) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Perspective: Seeing The Big Picture (4 of 10)
Series: Mind Games
2 Timothy 2:1-13
Setting The Scene:
What we can learn from:
2 Timothy 2:3-4
- Realize that we are in a battle.
- Don't fall for the enemy's schemes.
- Follow a different set of commands.
2 Timothy 2:5
- If we play on God's team, we play by God's rules.
- If we don't play by God's rules, we aren't on his team .
2 Timothy 2:6-7
- Spiritual growth takes dedication and determination.
Two keys to making it happen:
2 Timothy 2:1, 8-13
1. Eternity will be well worth the sacrifice.
2. Our strength comes from whose we are, not who we are.
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, Perspective: Seeing the BIG Picture, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the words "spiritual warfare"?
We all have different beliefs about what spiritual warfare means and fall on a spectrum between those who under-spiritualize, over- spiritualize and everything between. Where do you fall on that spectrum?
2. Chris mentioned that many of us will live life with an asterisk by our name, meaning that we call ourselves Christians but don't follow God's rules. What are some of the areas people are tempted to play by their own rules the most? Did any of these catch your attention that you might not have been aware of? If so, explain.
1. This past weekend Chris reminded us, ...
There are 3249 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1624 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!