This content is part of a series.
The Final Note (11 of 11)
Advances in Medicine have resulted in a drastic increase in life expectancy.
• A man born in 1900 would generally live just passed middle age - 47 was the avg. life expectancy.
• A man born in 1940 would live to around 63.
• A man born in 1980 can expect to live to an avg age of 78 years and growing.
So men you will have to face something that most men who went before us didn't have to face. The slow gnawing tooth of death and the specter of growing old.
Ronald J. Vogel, an economist at the University of Arizona, says that people age 65 and older will increase by 120% between the years 1980 and 2030, while the general population will grow by only 35% during the same time.
And from everything I have heard Father time doesn't only walk away, he runs. How many of you would say this Summer has FLOWN by???
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 12:1-14 (ESV)
1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth,
What we are to do - To 'remember' our Creator is more than simply bringing him to mind. It is a call to deep reverence, honor and respect of a type that finds it's root in the word, "fear" in verse 13.
Who we are to remember - Our Creator. You have a Creator. One who formed your ultimate ancestor from the dust of the ground, one who knit you together in your mother's womb. According to John, your creator was Jesus Christ.
• John 1:1 (ESV) 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:3 (ESV) 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:14 (ESV)14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
• Colossians 1:16 (ESV) 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created throug ...
There are 10895 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.