How To Make Our Story, His Story (43 of 47) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.How To Make Our Story, His Story (43 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
The end of the story:
Why religion won't help us:
1 Samuel 4:1-11, 2:30, Proverbs 1:22-33, Matthew 7:21-27, 1 Peter 3:8-12
- Beware: Crying out to God in faith, can result in frustration and resentment.
How to get on God's side:
1 Samuel 7:2-6, Mark 12:28-31, John 15:1-17, John 21:1-9, James 4:7-10, Romans 8:28
1. Remember: God would rather be with those who fear him,
than with those who want to use him.
2. Jesus died to be our King, not our servant.
3. Instead of getting religious, get right with God.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. Chris mentioned that Joseph's work ethic was such that Pharaoh wondered if there were any more like him amongst his brothers who could work for him. That's a pretty good goal for us - to work in such a way that your boss wants to hire more people like you. The following Proverbs give principles for how to work in a way that moves us towards that goal. As you read them jot down what each on ...
There are 2282 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1141 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!