Sex Mystery (6 of 6) by J.D. Greear
This content is part of a series.Sex Mystery (6 of 6)
Series: First Love: Ephesians 5
Happy Mother's Day, Summit Church. This day is kind of a paradox, because we really want to honor some among us who really deserve honor, but it also ends up being a really difficult day for a lot of others. There are some for whom this day brings up a lot of guilt; some get overwhelmed with a sense of failure; for some this day represents something they really want to happen but hasn't; for some this day reminds them of the broken relationships, or no relationship. For still other ladies, this day is frustrating and disappointing because it reminds them of how little their family seems to appreciate what they do, so they can't help but go through this day with a profound sense of disappointment.1
Let me share this with you. (Not all of this is original with me.)
• To those who gave birth this year to their first child, we celebrate with you.
• To those who lost a child this year, we mourn with you.
• To those who are in the trenches with little ones every day and wear the badge of food stains and spend most of their day smelling like sour milk and poopy diapers, we appreciate you.
• To those who walk the hard path of infertility, fraught with pokes, prods, tears, and disappointment, we walk with you. (Forgive us when we say foolish things. We don't mean to make this harder than it is.)
• To those who have warm and close relationships with your children, we celebrate with you.
• To those who have been forsaken by their children, we hurt with you.
• To those who will have "emptier nests" in the upcoming year, we both grieve and rejoice with you.
• To those who lost their mothers this year, we grieve with you.
• To those who were encouraged to have an abortion, we weep with you, and we love you.
• To foster moms, mentor moms, and spiritual moms, we need you.
• We have in our midst perhaps the greatest warriors in our culture-women made in God's image who possess th ...
There are 25294 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!