This content is part of a series.
The Failure (7 of 7)
Series: Can't Believe: Gospel of John
Video of Jason: Preacher in him.
• We baptized 138 last week which brings out total to 320 baptisms within a 1--week time period. Most we've ever had.
• One final week... for those of you have held on! For two weeks you have made a resolution.
• Just as Christ was dead in the grave for 2 days but on the 3rd day he was raised, so you have been unbaptized and disobedient for 2 weeks and on this 3rd week you will rise up to be baptized...
Our last message in this Can't Believe series is on Peter. His story is a little different than some of the other stories that we have looked at, in that Peter is not an unbeliever whom Jesus convinces to believe, he's a believer that has quit believing (at least in some ways), and you are going to see how Jesus brings him back to belief.
(So open your Bible to John 21...
• Now, as you are turning there you might notice that I am skipping the story of Thomas, and many of you say, "Wait... Doubting Thomas: he's like the one guy I would have thought would make a perfect 'can't believe' story. You know, "Mr. 'Unless I see the nail--prints in his hands and scars in his side I won't believe'-Thomas."
• You are right. I was supposed to do Thomas' story last week but felt, midstream, like David Nasser was supposed to be here. So, I skipped Thomas, and I need to end this series this week because of some really exciting things we need to get to next week.
• So, I'm going to come back and pick up the Thomas story later when I have a free week, because it really kills me to
not do his story-his story sort of sums up this whole series.
• It will be like Can't Believe: The Lost Files or bonus tracks or something like that.)
[21:1] After this Jesus revealed himself again...
• Now, after what? The resurrection.
• When you're reading the Gospel of John for the first time, when you get to the end of chapter 20 you'd assume the book ...
There are 32608 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.