The Mystery of God's Will (1 of 3) by Jonathan McLeod
This content is part of a series.The Mystery of God's Will (1 of 3)
Series: The Will of God
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deut. 29:29).
WHAT'S GOD'S WILL FOR MY LIFE?
We are most concerned with God's will when we face the big decisions of life.
One young man was desperate to know God's will for his life-so desperate that he decided to use the Random Verse Method. He closed his eyes, opened his Bible, and put his finger on a random verse. It was Matthew 27:5: "[Judas] went and hanged himself."
He thought, "I should probably give it another try." This time his finger landed on Luke 10:37: "You go, and do likewise."
"Third time's a charm," he told himself. The third random verse was John 13:27: "What you are going to do, do quickly."
I don't recommend the Random Verse Method.
DIFFICULT QUESTIONS ABOUT GOD'S WILL
The will of God is an important subject in the Bible.
• "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father" (Matt. 10:29).
• "The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps" (Prov. 16:9).
• "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD" (Prov. 16:33).
• God "does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none cay stay his hand or say to him, 'What have you done?'" (Dan. 4:35).
• God "works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Eph. 1:11).
• "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit'-yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that'" (James 4:13-15).
There are many difficult questions about the wil ...
There are 5384 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!