This content is part of a series.
Forgiving the Unforgivable (41 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
Forgiving The Unforgivable
FORGIVING THE UNFORGIVABLE
A Short Primer On Biblical Forgiveness
(A) What It Is And What It Isn't
Proverbs 19:11 and Ecclesiastes 7:21-22/ Jeremiah 31:34 and Genesis 8:1/ 2 Samuel 12:13-14/ Proverbs 14:15
- Biblical forgiveness is not . . .
• Merely excusing the excusable
• Spiritual amnesia
• Immediate removal of all the consequences
• Immediate restoration of trust
• Letting someone hurt you over and over again
- Biblical forgiveness is . . .
Romans 12:17-21/ Matthew 5:43-46
• Refusing to seek revenge or be consumed by a past injustice
• A decision that becomes a feeling
(B) Why It's So Important
Mark 11:25/ Matthew 6:12-15/ Matthew 18:21-35
- Forgiveness is not an option, it's a requirement
- It impacts how God treats our sins
- Failing to forgive hurts us worse than the one we won't forgive
(C) How To Forgive The Unforgivable
Colossians 3:13/ Matthew 6:12/ 1 Peter 2:20-23, Romans 12:19 and 1 Timothy 1:20
(1) Start with a long look in the mirror
(2) Make sure you understand biblical forgiveness
(3) Turn the sit ...
There are 2502 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1251 character sample of the full content.