The Presence of Angels (1 of 6) by Brad Whitt
This content is part of a series.The Presence of Angels (1 of 6)
Series: Angels and Demons
Dr. Brad Whitt
INTRO: Take your Bibles now this morning and turn with me to Hebrews chapter 1 if you would. Hebrews chapter 1 there in your New Testament. Hebrews - just after Philemon and just before James. Hebrews chapter 1, and this morning we're going to begin a four-part series of studies that I'm entitling, "Angels and Demons."
We're going to spend the whole month of June digging into and discovering what the Bible has to say about the reality and the ministry and the activity of angels in our lives.
• We're going to begin this morning by looking at the presence of Angels. - Angels are all around us.
• We're going to study the personality of angels. - What are angels like? What do they look like? What do they do?
• We're going to investigate to see if we have a personal - what some call a "guardian" - angel.
ILLUS: A man was walking down a street when he heard a voice from behind, "If you take one more step, a brick will fall down on your head and kill you."
The man stopped and a big brick fell right in front of him. The man was astonished. He went on, and after a while he was going to cross the road. Once again the voice shouted, "Stop! Stand still! If you take one more step a car will run over you, and you will die." The man did as he was instructed, just as a car came careening around the corner, barely missing him. The man asked. "Who are you?" "I am your guardian angel," the voice answered."Oh, yeah?" the man asked "Then where were you when I got married?"
• And then we're going to spend one Sunday studying what the bible has to say about the perverted of angels - what we call fallen angels or demons today.
Two ways most people approach the subject and the study of angels.
• Obsession - "Angels are EVERYWHERE!" Angels are in the outfield, infield, leftfield and duggout. They collect pictures and painting and anything else that's related to angels t ...
There are 17566 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!