How To Face Our Egypt (38 of 47) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.How To Face Our Egypt (38 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Pastor Chris Brown
Skeletons in the closet?
Genesis 42, John 4:1-42, John 21:15-19
- The past can leave us paralyzed with fear,
or paralyzed with guilt.
- Not dealing with the past robs us of our future.
We end up:
Cleaning out the closet:
1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1-2, Luke 19:10, Hebrews 7:24-25, 1 Peter 2:24, Revelation 12:10,
1 Peter 5:8, John 10:10, Romans 7:24-25, Romans 8:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:5-6
1. We have to face the truth.
2. We have to accept the truth.
3. We have to accept grace, not guilt.
Living with the door open:
Your skeletons can be Satan's greatest weapon,
or God's most powerful tool.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. We've all heard the quote that "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Part of "leaving our Egypt (our past) behind" is committing to new behaviors aimed at new results and growth. Read through Proverbs 2:1-15 and write down anything that could help break the cycle of repeating ol ...
There are 2360 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1180 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!