This content is part of a series.
Right Dreams...Wrong Kingdom (36 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Pastor Chris Brown
Three lessons learned the hard way:
Genesis 40, Mark 10:42-45
1. Any title or position we have is used to serve others.
2. Commit to telling the truth regardless of the outcome.
3. Commit to obedience regardless of circumstances.
The fine print that comes with God's gifts:
Genesis 40, Luke 19:11-27
- By definition, gifts are given to us.
- All of God's gifts have strings attached.
- God's plan for our life will always be about:
Serving God more than ourselves.
Serving others more than ourselves.
Building his kingdom more than ours.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. The story of Joseph in prison shows that God can take a jail cell and use it to shape a life. Joseph persevered in a tough situation and God built his character in the midst of it. Today we have several advantages and resources that Joseph didn't. Read the following passages and list the resources we have that can help us persevere in any circumstance.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
2. Joseph had every reason to be bitter and focused on his own miserable situation. Instead, this week's st ...
There are 2620 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1310 character sample of the full content.