The Powerful Word of God
1 Peter 1:23-2:3
Announcements that actually appeared in various church bulletins:
• Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help.
• Thursday night-Potluck supper. Prayer and medication will follow.
• Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
• For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
• The rosebud on the alter this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
• This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
• Tuesday at 4:00pm there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
• This Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the alter.
• The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Sunday.
• A bean supper will be held Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off the neighbor's wife."
• A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."
• A Sunday school teacher asked her little children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."
We are back in the Book of First Peter tonight, and we are going to examine the powerful Word of God. If you will remember from previous studies, God was planning for our salvation before the foundation of the world. Even though we were born in sin, we were redeemed, or bought back from sin ...
There are 26123 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.