This content is part of a series.
Coffee with the King - Part 1 (1 of 11)
INTRODUCTION: Our culture tends to believe that the issues of life can be addressed with a robust understanding of two things:
1. Knowledge - That is, if you understand how things work then you will tend to make the right decisions. So education becomes the solution to all of life's problems.
• You want to end poverty, educate.
• Want to eradicate the drugs, educate. But the fact is most of us know some very intelligent fools. So we assume there's more.
2. Morality- Christians tend to assume the answer isn't knowledge, it's morality. Yet even in the church we see people who have a clear moral foundation make some very immoral choices.
According to scripture there an entirely different third category and the most important decisions in your life depend upon how much understanding you have of this third category. It's not knowledge, it's not morality. It is WISDOM.
• The BIGGEST, more crucial decisions you face in life don't have clear cut answers, so knowledge helps, but it's not the end.
• These decisions often have a variety or morally acceptable options. So morality helps, but it's not the end.
When you face questions like:
1. Should I get married? Well Peter married, Paul did not.
2. Whom should I marry? We know from scripture that you should marry a Christian... but which one?
3. Should we have kids? How many?
4. What should my major be? What job should I take?
APPLY - Some of you are facing questions, decision that can't do enough research to answer, so you are at Church you want to know what it morally right. You have a hollow place in your stomach thinking about it...You will find that there aren't easy answers to those questions.
For those things God makes WISDOM available.
What is wisdom? Wisdom is the supernatural ability to see life from God's perspective.
Wisdom answers all of the things scripture doesn't explicit ...
There are 13834 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.