This content is part of a series.
Proverbial Guidance (6 of 11)
INTRODUCTION: In our home we purpose to eat at least one meal together everyday. When the conversation draws to a lull, it's not unusual for one of our kids to start reading stuff on the products on the table.
So it might be the ingredients in cereal. It might be the instructions on pancakes, but the absolute best is when someone starts reading the warnings. Here are a few:
• Nabisco Easy Cheese - For best results, remove cap.
• On a Bottle of 7UP - Contents under pressure. Cap my blow off causing serious injury. Point away from face and people, especially during opening.
• On a Blockbuster DVD rental - Be kind rewind. (There's a reason they couldn't stay in business)
• Christmas Lights - For indoor or outdoor use only.
• Little ones baby lotions - keep away from children.
• On a Batman Halloween Costume - Does not enable user to fly... of course not, I mean it's batman.
Well there are some verses that also so obvious, so simple that we read over them without really allowing them to impact us.
Proverbs 3:5-6 is such a passage.
But I don't know of another verse that would have as great of an impact on the practical lives of men and women in this congregation as Pro. 3:5-6.
TEXT: Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
There you have practically the entire Bible consolidated into 2 verses. It's short enough to write on a coffee mug, or tshirt. It can be communicated in a couple of tweets.
You know how the Bible compares some truth to milk, some to meat... well Proverbs is sort of like the "Hard Candy" of the word. You can't swallow it whole, you have to let it melt in your mouth.
So let's allow this passage to melt in our mouths a little this morning.
The Promise - The promise is that God will make your path ...
There are 15494 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.