This content is part of a series.
Proverbial Friendships (11 of 11)
FRIENDSHIP - This is a peer to peer commitment built on mutual passions which allows for unique access to one's life and heart.
TEXT: Proverbs 12:26 26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.
• GOD - The Christian view of God is that of a Trinity. God is one, existing in three persons. Perfect friendship exists in between God the Father, Son and Spirit.
• MAN - God created the world, IT IS NOT GOOD for this man, made in our image to be alone. That doesn't reflect who God is properly.
• GOD/MAN - The bible says God walked with man. Walking is a Hebrew colloquialism for friendship. God and Man were friends.
• SIN/FALL - When sin entered the world through Adam. It not only separated God and Man, it separated man from man... the first murder occurred.
• LAW - God gave the Law to Israel. It served several purposes:
• 1. It revealed God's character
• 2. It revealed Man's sinfulness and made him aware of his need.
• 3. It served as a moral compass for a relationship with GOD and MAN.
• The first 4 of the 10 commandments were vertical Godward.
• The last 6 of the 10 commandments were horizontal Manward.
Why? God desires to create a community where friendship can flourish.
• JESUS - One of the great criticisms of Jesus was that he was a friend of sinners. He did ministry with a team of men, among the 12, he was closest to 3 (Peter, James and John) then he had friends who weren't in ministry - Mary, Martha, Lazarus.
• CHURCH - We see in the early church a people marked by friendship, they worshipped together, they ate together, they shared all they had in common, they rejoiced together, they wept together.
• ESCHATON - Heaven is friendship on steroids. No barriers, no divisions, no language separation. We see the people of God, from all of time, sitting at table with Jesus enj ...
There are 12802 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.