The Big Game: First Half (2 of 4) by Kerry Shook
This content is part of a series.The Big Game: First Half (2 of 4)
Series: Home Movies: Making Life's Moments Memorable
Pastor Kerry Shook
This sermon includes the sermon outline and the full sermon transcript. Below you will see a preview of the outline and a portion of the full sermon.
• Gen. 1:27 (NIV)
Men are like waffles and women are like spaghetti.
• Rom. 15:7 (NIV)
A HUSBAND'S THREE GREATEST NEEDS
• Eph. 2:10 (NIV)
• your spiritual life
• your team
• your work
Let's talk about the men today. Here are the top 10 reasons Why It's Great To Be A Man. So, let's do that. Ladies, you'll get your turn next week. The top 10 reasons why it's great to be a man.
10. We can go the bathroom without a support group.
It's great to be a man. There are a lot of advantages to being a man, that's probably one of the tops.
9. We get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
It's great to be a man.
8. Our belly usually hides our big hips.
Don't you love being a man, guys?
7. If someone forgets to invite us to something, they can still be our friend.
6. We can sit quietly and watch a game with a friend for hours without thinking, "He must be mad at me."
I love being a guy.
5. Gray hair and wrinkles only add character.
I know some of you men - your hair is turning gray. Some of us - our hair is turning loose. I'm not sure if that adds character or not, but we like to think it does.
4. We can drop by and see a friend without having to bring a little gift.
3. We are totally unable to see wrinkles in our clothes.
I love that.
2. Our pals will never trap us with, "So, notice anything different about me?"
Just doesn't happen when you are a guy.
And the number one reason why It's Great To Be A Man
1. If another guy shows up at a party in the same outfit, we just might become lifelong friends.
It's great to be a guy.
We are going to have a lot of fun in the next two weeks, I can tell that already. But, we are also going to learn a lot from God's word. So, I want you to take out your outline from today's program. If you'd like, open your Bibles to Genesis 1:27. It's our first verse today and it says, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Now underline the words male and female. It was God's plan to make us different from the moment he imagined us and the original plan was to use these differences as a starting point to building intimate and fulfilling relationships and that's still God's plan for men and women today. But, if we don't understand our differences, they can become the source of great frustration. Authors Bill and Pam Farrell describe the differences between men and women this way, and I love this word picture. They say, men are like waffles and women are like spaghetti. I know that sounds strange, but just hear me out on this.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!