Wrestling With God: When Losing Means Winning (30 of 47) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Wrestling With God: When Losing Means Winning (30 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
JACOB HEADS HOME
Genesis 32/ Proverbs 3:5-7
TO TAKE HOME
(1) Eventually - Every knee will bow.
Philippians 2:9-10/ Revelation 5:13/ Romans 14:11/ Isaiah 45:23
(2) God doesn't need our help.
But he blesses our cooperation.
- Submission is not a dirty word.
James 4:6-10/ 1 Peter 5:5-7
- Cooperation is the essence of faith.
- What happens when we cooperate?
Romans 12:1-2/ Genesis 47:9
(3) Our greatest strength can become our crippling weakness. Our crippling weakness can become our greatest strength. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10/ Psalm 119:67-71/ Hebrews 12:5-12
(4) It's never too late to submit - There's always a "plan B." Jeremiah 18:1-8/ Matthew 22:32
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what's the most important thing to remember?
Is there something you're wrestling with God about that you'd like
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or
1. This week we heard how Jacob learned his lesson the hard way. Looking back in your life, can you think of any lessons you too learned the hard way? If so, do you still have any kind of limp?
2. Which one of the two statements on "strength and weakness" in this week's teaching caught your attention the most?
1. This weekend, we saw how Jacob trusted in his ...
There are 3254 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1627 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!