Independence Day: Is It Too Late For America?
Is it too late for revival? Is too late to turn America back to God? Is too late for the salvation of our nation?
Psalm 80:14 -- 19 "Return to us, O God Almighty! Look down from heaven and see! Watch over this vine,
(15) The root your right hand has planted, the son you have raised up for yourself.
(16) Your vine is cut down it is burned with fire; at your rebuke your people perish.
(17) Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
(18) Then we will not turn away from you; revive us, and we will call on your name.
(19) Restore us, O Lord God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved."
In 1776, in Philadelphia, the United States of America was born and today the United States needs to be born again. Our nation needs revival.
Woodrow Wilson said, long ago that no nation can survive materially unless it is redeemed spiritually. America must be redeemed and only God can redeem us.
As we think about this subject, "Is It Too Late For America?" it's in the light of an America that's rolling in luxury, that's reveling in lust, that's rollicking in sin. We look at a nation that needs a fresh touch from God and we remember how America was founded.
America is unique among the nations of the world. America was founded on the principles of the Word of God. No matter what modern historians may do to try to remove that thought from the minds of young people, it is a historical fact that America was founded upon the principles of the Word of God.
At the University of Houston they did a study of the documents of the founding fathers because they really wanted to determine -- is this just a myth that America was founded by men who believe in the Word of God? So they took many hundreds of documents of the founding fathers and they studied them carefully. They found that in ninety-four percent of tho ...
There are 18640 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.