This content is part of a series.
Desperate Housewives and Jacob's Shark Tank (28 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
ANOTHER WEIRD STORY
Genesis 30/ Genesis 27-29/ Proverbs 3:5-7/ 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Jacob's Shark Tank Experience:
LIFE LESSONS TO TAKE HOME
(1) The God-sized hole in our heart can only be filled by God.
Romans 1:18-20/ Matthew 6:33
(2) Don't be surprised when God's people are jerks.
Mark 2:17/ 1 Timothy 1:15-16/ Ephesians 2:8-10 and 4:17-32/ Romans 7:21-24
(3) The Bad News: "WE" will reap what we sow.
Galatians 6:7/ 2 Samuel 11:1-12:14/ Genesis 47:9
(4) The Good News: "WE" don't get what we deserve!
1 John 2:1-2/ Romans 6:23/ Colossians 2:13-14/ 2 Samuel 12:13/ Ephesians 2:3-5
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Rachel and Leah were involved in some major sibling rivalry which was compounded by the fact they were both married to the same guy. What level of sibling rivalry did you experience in your family growing up?
If you are a parent, how are you handling (or did you handle) sibling rivalry with your children?
2. Larry talked about the God-shaped hole in every person's life that only God can fill. Often people are aware of that hole but try to fill it with something besides God. Are there any ways that you have tried to fill this hole in your life apart from God? If so, pleas ...
There are 3164 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1582 character sample of the full content.