This content is part of a series.
God's Faithfulness (27 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• It is my joy to bring you Jesus today. Our Lord is faithful. Without His faithfulness every one of us would be without hope. Yet today, in these dark hours we can count on and depend on God's faithfulness. Even in the events of Revelation, He is faithful.
• Charles Dickens described the days in France just before the French Revolution in Tale of Two Cities: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way." (TEXT)
• Revelation 11 finds this world still in the 'lull' between the 6th and 7th trumpet. The Rapture, the Worship around the throng, seven seals of judgment followed by 6 trumpet judgment finds us in one of the most unique places in the Revelation. Many scholars attest to the fact that Revelation 11 may be the most difficult chapter in this book to understand and yet, at the same time, hold much truth.
• In our text we see God's faithfulness in the completion of the 2nd woe.
• We see 2 basic subjects from which we can discern God's faithfulness. They are "Temple Worship" and "Two Witnesses."
1. Temple Worship - John is given a 'measuring tool.' A measuring tool is used for a very specific task and with it, he is told to do three types of measuring. Just one item of significant note; this measuring tool measures by God's standard of measurement.
a. Evaluate - John is told to measure the temple and the altar as well as to count the worshippers. We could spend much time addressing the 'temple' issue (as in what temple is this), but simply put, in all likelihood this is a templ ...
There are 13052 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.