This content is part of a series.
The Rising of Evil (30 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• (READ TEXT) Both Matthew and Luke record Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan. This is stark reminder that Satan in on the prowl and no one is beyond his reach.
• The particular temptation which I want to remind you of is this one, "If you'll bow before me," Satan tempted Jesus, "Then I will I will give you all the things which this world has to offer." Could he have come through on his offer? For many years, people have said, 'Yes' because the Bible teaches that Satan is the prince of this world. Yet there have been men in history who have attempted to accept Satan's offer. Napoleon, Mussolini, and Hitler are three come to mind, and while must devastation and evil were done, Satan has trouble delivering because Satan often offers what he cannot deliver.
• By the way, Satan still is offering today. Do you know why? Because he knows just how wickedly vulnerable the heart of mankind is. He knows that the same desire which was prevalent in Adam and Eve, in the people at Babel, and in Pharaoh and Herod, and in Hitler; that same base desire exist in us today.
• Can I make one note of encouragement to you? Jesus didn't use His divine power to overcome Satan. His weapon is our weapon. He used the Word of God, the "It is written", and the word which will stand after everything else falls. Scriptures teach, "The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever."
• With the Word of God in your heart, YOU have access to the same power that brought our Lord through unscathed. Conversely, if you don't know the word, you have come to a gun-fight with a knife. Let the words of the Psalmist challenge you, "Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin." This is the weapons of your warfare which Paul writes is not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."
• Satan has one goal, HE WANTS TO DES ...
There are 12988 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.