This content is part of a series.
Religious Babylon (35 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• We begin by remembering the flood in the Old Testament. God told Noah to build an ark because a flood was coming. Noah obeyed and his family was saved.
• After the flood, it would seem that Noah's grandson, a man named Nimrod, led the movement to build the first sky-scrapper. In concept this sky-scrapper was going to reach to heaven and to God. You remember the story; mankind was determined not to let God have the upper hand any longer so they set out to build a tower to heaven. During the construction God decided to confuse them so He used 'languages' to confuse them (interesting, it was languages in Acts 2 which still has people confused). With the advent of the different languages, people went their different directions with people who spoke their languages.
• In the aftermath of Babel, the place where the tower was begun took on the name "Babylon" and all throughout history the name Babylon has always been a symbol for godlessness, immorality, and paganism.
• As an aside, Babel was simply mankind's first attempt to get to God on his own terms. And today, we are trying to do the same.
• In Revelation 16 we read about God's final judgment having been poured out from 7 bowls. People on the earth are living in a wasteland with sores on their skin, water that is blood, major rivers gone, and the warning of creations.
• As we absorb the final, undiluted, and full cup of God's wrath, John is given and gives us a more detailed look at the end time. Chapter 17 and 18 gives us a picture of two types of Babylon - one a religious (one world church) and the other is political.
• Let's see four things about this Religious Babylon.
1. The Picture of Babylon - Vs 1-2 - God is giving us a snippet of Babylon. Get this picture; with the fifth vial now poured out it is likely that the Antichrist is confused about the happening. With all these judgments o ...
There are 10931 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.