This content is part of a series.
Two Glorious Events (37 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• One of my favorite female singers in days past was a lady named, "Anne Murray." A Canadian singer with a smooth voice, Anne, recorded scores of songs including many 'gospel favorites.' (I.E. Amazing Grace, Away in A Manger, O Come All Ye Faithful, etc) As I look at and read Revelation 19, I am reminded of her song, "Sure could use a little good news today" because we have now witnessed the seals, the vials, and the trumpet judgments. Add to that the divine judgment on Religious and Political Babylon and we have much carnage. Make no mistake, the judgments of God are righteous and right on, but it is still undesirable to fall into the hands of an angry God.
• Tonight's message is really a teaching, an unveiling about God's word and we will keep it simple. The title of this message encapsulates the chapter and easily divides into 2 events.
1. The Glorious Assembly - Many people who ask to hear messages on the Revelation are interested in someone telling them about the judgment of God, how that is going to unfold, and what is the 'least' the can do to miss it. Instead of wanting to know God and be prepared for the world to come, they prefer to be told exactly 'what' they have to do to miss God's judgment while, at the same time, many want to hold tightly to this present world. It seems to me, after studying the Bible for many years, that to approach God's word in this way will severely hinder the listener - even to the point of being on the 'left' (goats). I have said all of that to say this: The reason I love working through the Revelation is HERE!
• Think about it, FINALLY, all God's children are gathering in one place. It is a family reunion. Don't you love family reunions? I'll be honest with you, the older I got - the more I loved family reunions. As a pre-teen or teenager, it was okay - but it had some drawbacks.
• You have figured out that thi ...
There are 10758 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.