This content is part of a series.
A Glimpse of Heaven (39 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
- Hebrews 11 says, ''By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went out to a place ... For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.'' What do you think of when you think of heaven? Or maybe the better question, ''Do you think of heaven?'' Candidly, few people seem to give much thought to heaven. During the times of depression and war, people thought a lot about heaven because they wanted to go there and leave this place of trouble. Today, we are fooled by the seeming comfort and convenience of this world. In large measure we have forgotten the words of James, the half brother of Jesus, ''To be a friend of the world is to be an enemy of God.''
- Long years ago a preacher said, ''Christians are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good.'' However, I agree with Dr. James Merritt that believers today are 'So earthly minded they are no heavenly good.'' In all candor, those who wear Christ's name seem to be so much at home in this world, they have no desire for heaven.
- Do you think about heaven? The Bible teaches that there are 3 heavens; the first is the atmosphere of the earth, the second is the planetary domain, and the third heaven is that place Paul speaks of in 2 Corinthians where he was caught up to the presence of God.
- Several years ago we have Bro. Wayne Dubose to preach a message challenging us to think about heaven in a little different way. (We'll come back to this). Think about heaven.
- A Little boy sitting on his Pappaw's lap said, ''look at the blue sky, sun, and white clouds. See the moon, stars, and more. If heaven is this beautiful on the outside- what does it look like inside. (READ TEXT)
- In the early days of our study we discussed the Biblical Study of numbers and discovered that 7 is the number for perfection. Since heaven is perfect, see 7 things about heaven;
1. The M ...
There are 11154 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.