Blessed The Hard Way? (26 of 47) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Blessed The Hard Way? (26 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
LEAVING IT ALL BEHIND
The High Price Of Impatience and Compromise
Genesis 27/ Genesis 28
BLESSED THE HARD WAY?
We Get To Choose
(1) God keeps his promises - Even when we don't.
Genesis 28:13-15/ 2 Timothy 2:13/ 2 Corinthians 1:20/ 2 Peter 1:3-4
(2) Whenever we try to rush God's timing - Everything slows down.
Genesis 25:23-26/ Acts 7:23-36/ Proverbs 3:5-7
(3) The longer we wait to do the right thing - The longer it takes to receive God's blessing.
Genesis 31:38-42/ 1 Corinthians 3:11-15/ Isaiah 45:23/ Malachi 3:6-12
(4) We can make the easy way harder or we can make the hard way easier.
Genesis 28:13-15, 31:38-42, and 32:22-31/ Job 1-2, 13:15 and 42:10
TAKING IT HOME
1. Can you think of anything you're doing that could be making the easy way harder for you?
2. Is there a promise of God that you are finding difficult to believe God will be faithful to fulfill?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Larry shared that whenever we try to rush God's timing everything slows down. Have you ever seen this to be true in your own life? If so, explain what happened.
2. Jacob and Job had radically different responses to God. One made the easy way harder and the other the hard way easier. Can you think of anyone you know who has made the easy way harder?
How about someone who has made the hard way easier?
1. After fleeing from home to save his life, Jacob found himself alone, broke, and und ...
There are 3471 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1736 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!