Sin Fixes Everything…For Now (25 of 47) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Sin Fixes Everything…For Now (25 of 47)
Pastor Chris Brown
Another bad reality show:
Genesis 27, Hebrews 12:14-17
Lessons learned from the lies:
1. The family recipe for disaster:
No communication in marriage.
No communication in family.
No communication with God.
2. God cares about both the "end" and the "means."
Ephesians 5:15-17, Colossians 3:17
3. Conviction and confession are not the same as repentance.
Matthew 4:17, Romans 7:14-8:4, 10:9-11, 12:1-2, Titus 2:11-12, Acts 2:38, 3:19, 11:18, 17:30, 20:21, 26:20
4. The end of the story brings both forgiveness and freedom.
1 John 1:9
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or
1. This week we heard about some crazy conflict and dysfunction happening with Isaac, Rebecca and their family. How we respond to conflict is often affected by how our family handled it when we were growing up. Which of the following statements comes closest to accurately describing how your family handled conflict?
• Run - avoid at all costs!
• It happens - no big deal.
• Let's fight - it seemed to get too far out of control.
• It's there - but no one will talk about it.
• Let's talk - we need to work this out.
2. When it comes to communication and conflict, being aware of our strengths and weaknesses is important. Sometimes we can be too abrasive, or fall on the other side of the spectru ...
There are 3148 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1574 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!