This content is part of a series.
To Thrive Is To Commit (2 of 5)
Introduction: To thrive in life, all of life -spirit, soul, body, mind, will, emotions, relationships, finances - all areas of living, is God's desire for each and every person. He wants us to flourish, prosper, be blessed, see the favor of God cover our lives, and to succeed in our calling and purpose. To thrive is to fulfill four great words: grow, commit, connect, and serve. We become the Psalm 92:12 person: a flourishing life that grows consistently and continually, bearing fruit in every season of life. We have researched the grow factor and we have made grow decisions. Now we unpack the word "commit." A thrive life is a committed life. Our culture today struggles with commitment to almost anything: job, career, marriage, faith. The habit of this culture is to hesitate, to view commitment as limiting my options, my life. Existentialism, the belief that the individual is the only source of meaning, is dominant in society. This self-focus is crippling our society, ruining marriages, and hurting churches. Today, researchers call the Christians who are not committed to church the "nones," believers in a churchless Christianity.
I. THE THRIVE LIFE
1. Living a flourishing life is growing spiritually with commitment to God's House and a vital connection to God's people. It is using everything I have to serve in any way possible at all times.
2. Thrive words: flourish, prosper, blessed, favor, increase, success
3. To thrive is to grow: To grow is to develop in your spiritual inner man and to amplify the Christ nature in you to live like Jesus and share His love.
B. TO THRIVE IS TO COMMIT
1. To commit is to dedicate oneself to the purposes of God by giving my life, my energy, and my resources.
2. Commit to:
a. The Lord Jesus Christ
b. The Word of God
c. The prayer life
d. The local church
3. Acts 2:42,46-47: And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' ...
There are 10773 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.