This content is part of a series.
To Thrive Is To Connect (3 of 5)
Introduction: We have taken on the thrive vision for our life by following the thrive book, the Scriptures. We desire to thrive the God kind of way, a "God thriving" is the vision we have. The flourishing life thrives in every area of life.
I. THE THRIVE LIFE
1. Living a flourishing life is growing spiritually with commitment to God's House and a vital connection to God's people. It is using everything I have to serve in any way possible at all times.
2. Thrive words: flourish, prosper, blessed, favor, increase, success
3. To thrive is to grow: to develop in your spiritual inner man and to amplify the Christ nature in you to live like Jesus and share His love
4. To thrive is to commit: to dedicate oneself to the purposes of God by giving my life, my energy, and my resources
B. TO THRIVE IS TO CONNECT
1. To connect is to be joined to life-giving God connections that secure your life and your future and fulfill God's purposes.
2. Vital connections:
a. Connect to Christ
b. Connect to the Word of God
c. Connect to prayer
d. Connect to church
e. Connect to leaders
f. Connect to relationships
g. Connect to the body of Christ
3. Eph. 4:16, GNT Under his control all the different parts of the body fit together, and the whole body is held together by every joint with which it is provided. So when each separate part works as it should, the whole body grows and builds itself up through love.
II. CONNECT TO CONGREGATION LIFE
A. THE CHURCH IS A FUNCTIONING BODY WITH BODY LIFE
1. The phrase "body of Christ" is a common NT metaphor for the church. When Christ entered the world He took on a physical body, demonstrated the love of God tangibly, boldly, with a sacrificial death on the cross. Now, He continues His work through a spiritual body of people called the church. "Church" now demonstrates Christ's life on earth to people.
2. The Spiritual body is conn ...
There are 9300 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.