This content is part of a series.
To Thrive Is To Serve (4 of 5)
Introduction: To thrive in life and in God is our destiny. To thrive, we connect to our savior Jesus who gives us a thriving life and then we choose to walk in the thriving path and live a thriving life. To thrive is to grow, to commit, and to serve. To thrive is to find your life of significance by serving others, giving your time and energy. What would happen if everyone in the church got involved with serving, devoting talents, time, and passion to accomplishing God's plans? Can we move thousands from spectating to serving?
I. THE THRIVE LIFE
1. Living a flourishing life is growing spiritually with commitment to God's House and a vital connection to God's people. It is using everything I have to serve in any way possible at all times.
2. Thrive words: flourish, prosper, blessed, favor, increase, success
3. To thrive is to grow: to develop in your spiritual inner man and to amplify the Christ nature in you to live like Jesus and share His love
4. To thrive is to commit: to dedicate oneself to the purposes of God by giving my life, my energy, and my resources
B. TO THRIVE IS TO SERVE
1. To serve is to live like Jesus, giving Him my life, time, and resources to serve His purposes, His church, and all people.
2. "If the church was worth His blood, is it not worth our labor? The privilege of serving it is established by the preciousness of the price paid for its purchase." -John Stott
3. Serving is what I am made for:
a. Eph. 2:10, MSG: He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
b. Mark 10:45, NIV: Even the Son of Man did not come to be served. Instead, he came to serve others. He came to give his life as the price for setting many people free.
II. I HAVE A PURPOSE
A. GOD SAVED ME BECAUSE HE LOVES ME.
1. The sole reason that God sent His so ...
There are 10755 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.