Relationships of Honor
Pastor Frank Damazio
Intro: Relationships of honor are so deep, so needed, and yet many may not have this with anyone. Everyone needs relationships that are honorable, lifelong, God-given, and enriching for your life. Acquaintances in our lives make up around 500 or more people. Core friends are about 20 or more, but intimate relationships of honor are with one person to seven people.
I. RELATIONSHIPS OF HONOR
1. Relationships: multifaceted connections between people of all ages, in all places, for all of life, that bring fulfillment and enhance our destiny, helping us live a full, satisfying life.
2. Relationships of honor: commitment to those people with whom God had knit you, lasting for a lifetime in spite of trials, hurts, misunderstandings, or changes
B. SCRIPTURES OF HONOR TO LIVE BY
1. John 15:12: This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
2. Prov. 18:24: A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
3. Prov. 27:17: As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
4. 1 Peter 3:8: Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous…
II. A PERSONAL JOURNEY WITH RELATIONSHIPS OF HONOR
A. WE ARE CREATED FOR GREATER RELATIONSHIPS
1. God created us with the ability, even the deep need, to be in relationships of honor viewing relationships as something of great value, something worth sacrificing whatever to have.
2. Eccl. 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly br ...
There are 15963 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.