Liar, Liar (17 of 47) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Liar, Liar (17 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
Same Old Lie, Same Old Results - Sort Of.
Genesis 20/ Genesis 12:10-20
Life Lessons To Take Home
(1) Half-truths designed to ¬deceive are still lies.
Genesis 20:10-13/ Matthew 5:33-37/ Exodus 1:15-21, Joshua 2:1-24 and James 2:25
(2) Don't be surprised when our children copy our actions but not our boundaries.
Exodus 34:6-7/ Genesis 12:10-20 and 20:1-18
Same Action/ Different Boundaries
Genesis 12:10-20/ Genesis 20:1-18
Half truths to a couple of strangers
Abraham's Son: Isaac
Lies to a stranger
Abraham's Grandson: Jacob
Lies to his father to steal his brothers inheritance
Abraham's Great-Grandsons: 10 Boys
Lie to their father to cover up selling their little brother
(3) God draws straight lines with crooked sticks.
Romans 3:23/ 1 Corinthians 1:27-31/ 1 John 1:8-2:2/ Revelation 12:10 and James 4:11
TAKING IT HOME
Is there anything in your life you'd like to change to stay clear of a "half-truth" or any area your group could be praying for you in terms of lying, truthfulness or integrity?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or
1. This weekend we heard that God draws "straight lines with crooked sticks." Can you think of a time when God used you or someone you know despite any weaknesses, fears or limitations you or they may have had?
2. Abraham had a problem of lying when under pressure. We saw a similar pattern of lying in his family through the 4th generation. What was yo ...
There are 3626 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1813 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!