How Did I Get Here? (16 of 47) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.How Did I Get Here? (16 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Pastor Chris Brown
Sin's slippery slope:
Genesis 19, Psalm 1, 1 Corinthians 15:33, 2 Peter 2:6-10
? A good heart with a bad compass will take you to the wrong place every time.
Right ladder…wrong wall:
Genesis 19, Matthew 16:24-27
? Signs that I may be living closer to Sodom than I think.
- Lack of prayer and relationship with God.
- Lack of spiritual influence on those around me.
- Lack of family unity and values.
- A track record of bad decision making.
Where do I go from here?
Genesis 19, 2 Peter 3:9-10, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Peter 5:5-11
? There is nothing more urgent than dealing with our sin.
? Hate sin for what it does, not for how it feels.
? "Flee for your lives" doesn't mean take baby steps.
? Don't turn back.
? Perfection is not the answer…repentance is.
TAKING IT HOME
Chris gave us four signs that may indicate we're living closer to Sodom than we think. Are there any re-alignments you're thinking you need to make, or would like your group to pray for you about?
Do you have any other prayer requests you'd like to share with your group?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or
1. This week, we saw how the crisis Lot found himself in was caused by a series of bad decisions. The flip side is also true in that a series of good decisions can put is in good situations. Can you think of a series of small decisions that led you to join your Growth Group and/or make a commitment to follow Jesus?
2. Chris made it clear that there's ...
There are 3572 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1786 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!