This content is part of a series.
The Navigation to an Awakening (8 of 12)
Series: Aiming At An Awakening
1 Kings 18
• Most of us are familiar with the term 'navigate.' It literally means to 'find our way.' Commercial vessels of land and sea have someone who is their navigator. These people are responsible for the position of the ship at all times. As the Captain commands the ship, it is the navigator who advises Him. The navigator keeps the ship clear of reefs, hitting rocks, and even running aground. This is my daily plea to our Father. I pray that we, you and I, will listen to Him, as our navigator, and find our way to the destination of an awakening.
• I read a message by the late Dr. Adrian Rogers pertaining to this thing of revival or what I am calling an awakening. As I read it, my heart burned and yearned for the truth of it. He and others keep my heart inspired to not give up, toss in the towel, or back up from the desire for us to experience a spiritual awakening, the likes of which haven't been seen in years.
• When we arrive at our 1 Kings 18 texts we see the nation of Israel in trouble. They are, once again, under God's judgment because of sin. Their wicked King and wife, Ahab and Jezebel, have led this country away from God. The end of chapter 16 states it this way; they "did more to provoke God than all the Kings before Him." (Does this sound like America today?) It goes on to say, "They build an altar for the Baal's and worship them." (Once again, can we draw a parallel to the principles of this text? In this country which was founded on the God and His word, can you see how, as a nation, we have built altars and worshipped other gods?)
• In context, when the presidential pair (kingly couple) led the country astray God sent Elijah.
• Elijah pronounced a 3.5 year drought on the land. This drought was God's judgment for the sin in their land. To properly understand this judgment is to know that Biblical rain is equated with the blessing an ...
There are 13575 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.