This content is part of a series.
The Norm for an Awakening (11 of 12)
Series: Aiming For an Awakening
1 Samuel 7:1-11
• Today, we are talking about the 'norm' for an awakening. This week we will begin the time for which we have be praying and planning for almost 2 full months. I am asking us to double our efforts this week in praying for God to do something special here.
• To begin, 'let's have a little humor with a little truth. A web site posted an anonymous writer's poem entitled "Little Christians" on the Internet. It recounts the dramatic growth of a church after a steep decline and a loss of members:
• 10 Little Christians came to church all the time, 1 fell out with the preacher and then there were nine.
• 9 Little Christian stayed up late, one slept on Sunday and then there were eight.
• 8 Little Christians on their way to heaven, one took the low road and then there were seven.
• 7 Little Christians chirping like chicks, one didn't like the singing and then there were six.
• 6 Little Christians seemed very much alive, one took a vacation and then there were five.
• 5 Little Christians pulling for heavens shore, one stopped to take a rest and then there were four.
• 4 Little Christians each as busy as a bee, one got his feeling hurt and then there were three.
• 3 Little Christians couldn't decide what to do, one couldn't have his way and then there were two.
• 2 Little Christians each brought one more, now don't you see 'two and two make four.'
• 4 Little Christians worked early and late, each one brought one now there were eight.
• 8 Little Christians if they double as before, in just seven Sundays we have 1024!
• The message of Christ is still; since you are going into the world anyway, be my witnesses. Yet so few do so much while so many do so little - and the result is; the job is not getting done.
• So the question is: how does this change? How does our heart get re-engaged in the work of the Father? What exactly is ...
There are 11832 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.