This content is part of a series.
Standing In The Gap (15 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
Some Things To Note:
(1) Jesus before "Jesus"
Genesis 18:1/ Colossians 1:15-20/ Genesis 1:26
(2) God's plans are usually revealed one step at a time
Genesis 18:2-15/ 12:1-4/ 12:6-7/ 13:14-18/ 15:1-21/ 17:1-23/ Proverbs 4:18-19
(3) Prayer changes things
Genesis 18:16-33/ Luke 11:5-10 and 18:1-8
(4) God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Ezekiel 33:11/ 2 Peter 3:7-10
Standing In The Gap
Why It Matters and How To Do It Well
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND
(1) My sin impacts others
Joshua 7-9/ Exodus 20:4-5/ 1 Corinthians 5:1-6/ Ezekiel 18:1-32
(2) My righteousness can protect others
Proverbs 14:26 and 1 Corinthians 7:14-16/ Genesis 18:20-32 and Jeremiah 29:4-7
Ezekiel 22:23-31/ Psalm 106:19-23
HOW TO STAND IN THE GAP
(1) Live Righteously (Do the right thing)
Matthew 22:36-40 and Micah 6:8/ 1 Peter 3:8-12
(2) Pray (The prayer of a righteous man accomplishes much)
1 Peter 3:12/ James 5:16
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. If you had to wear a fashion style from the past for one week without fear of ridicule, which would you choose? (It can't be a style you already wear now.)
2. Larry talked about the importance of the influence we have in the lives of others. Take a moment and think about a few people that have had a positive influence in your life. What was it about them that caused this influence?
What consequences have you had to live with that came as a result of someone else's bad or sinful decisions that have affected you?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything ...
There are 3672 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1836 character sample of the full content.