Two Rights Can Make A Wrong! (1 of 5) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Two Rights Can Make A Wrong! (1 of 5)
Series: Beyond The Flannelgraph - Joseph
Pastor Chris Brown
- Giftedness is not an excuse for bad behavior.
Genesis 37:1-11, Mark 9:33-37, John 13:35, 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
We can know God’s plan, have the right motives, and still be far from the will of God.
- A godly man can still make God look bad.
Genesis 37:12-20, 1 Samuel 15:10-11
It does no good to have spiritual maturity without relational maturity.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GOD’S PLAN!
- Only you can derail God’s dream for you.
Genesis 37:20, Psalms 1:1-6, John 14:23, Galatians 4:8-11, Hebrews 10:35-39
- Worrying about what the crowd thinks leads to terrible decisions.
Genesis 37:21-30, 1 Samuel 15:24, 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Focusing on short-term gain leads to terrible decisions.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Are there any actions or character weaknesses in your life that could have the potential to hinder your relationships or diminish your influence?
2. Are there any motives you have that are based on what the crowd thinks or based on short-term gain that need to be conformed to God’s agenda?
3. There is a glimmer of hope at the end of Genesis 37. Is there a pit you are facing for which you could use a ray of hope?
Growth Group Homework
What did you find most helpful, challenging or interesting from this week’s message?
1. Ho ...
There are 2979 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1490 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!