This content is part of a series.
How To Handle Life's Disappointments! (3 of 5)
Series: Beyond The Flannelgraph - Joseph
Pastor Chris Brown
- Focus on others, more than yourself .
Genesis 40:1-7, Luke 18:35-19:10, John 19:25-27, Acts 16:16-34
- Strive to honor God, not yourself.
Genesis 40:8, 1 Peter 2:11-12, Matthew 5:16, 1 Peter 5:5-7, Luke 14:11
- Fully rely on God, but then do something.
Genesis 40:9-15, Galatians 6:7-10, John 4:34, 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 1 Kings 19
- Seek obedience regardless of the cost.
Genesis 40:16-19, Philippians 3:7-11, Matthew 6:19-20
- Remember that perseverance is the key to character.
Genesis 40:20-41:1, Daniel 3:17-18, 1 Corinthians 15:58, 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 1 Peter 5:8-9, James 1:2-4, Matthew 10:22, James 5:11, Hebrews 12:1, Galatians 6:7-10, Joshua 1:7-9, Luke 9:62
This week we'll explore more of Joseph's story and see how he persevered in prison. Looking back over your sermon notes, what did you find most helpful, challenging or interesting from this week's message?
1. In the sermon we saw how God spoke to a couple of prisoners through the interpretation of their dreams. What other ways does God show up and speak to us today?
Can you think of a time that God got your attention or "spoke to you"
about something? How did He go about it? How did you know it was
2. Joseph knew what it felt like to be abandoned, unjustly accused, and forgotten. Imagine what he must have felt like after many years in prison and a lot of time to think about his situation. If you were in his shoes, which, if any, of the statements below might describe your feelings?
Where are you God?
Keep hanging on.
How do I escape?
What's the use?
God is faithful.
I give up.
Who needs me here?
Potiphar's wife is going to pay.
What's God trying to tell ...
There are 3840 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1920 character sample of the full content.