This content is part of a series.
Abraham: The High Price of a Little Lie (1 of 7)
Series: Beyond The Glory
Dr Larry Osborne
Abraham: Faith Personified
Hebrews 11:8-19/ Genesis 12:1- 25:11/ Romans 4:16/ Galatians 6:3-9/ James 2:23
BEYOND THE GLORY:
The Little Lie with Big Consequences
- "She's my Sister"
Genesis 12:10-13:2/ Genesis 20:1-14
- Unintended Consequences
Genesis 12:10-13 and 20:1-2, 10-13/ Genesis 26:7-10/ Genesis 27:19-36/ Genesis 37:31-35
Abraham - A half truth to a stranger
Isaac - A full lie to a stranger
Jacob - A "justifiable" lie to his father
Jacob's sons - An inexcusable lie to their father
The Truth About Deception
Proverbs 19:22/ James 2:25, Joshua 2:1-7 and Exodus 1:15-21/ Matthew 12:3-7
1. A truth designed to deceive is a lie.
2. Don't wreck the birthday party!
3. Do lose the sale.
4. Sometimes a lie is justified.
5. Remember: The kids are watching!
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at the "Table Talk" section in this week's teaching, is there one that particularly caught your attention? If so, why?
2. We've looked this week at the importance of "Truth-telling." As you have studied and thought through this topic is there anything you would like prayer for, an action you need to take/change, or a person you need to talk to?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: This week we heard about the High Price of a Little Lie. Was there one point that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you more than the others?
1. Thinking back to your childhood can you remember a time when you were tempted to lie, actually did or ...
There are 3491 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1746 character sample of the full content.