Solomon - The High Price of an Unguarded Heart (4 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Solomon - The High Price of an Unguarded Heart (4 of 7)
Series: Beyond the Glory
1 Kings 11 and Proverbs 7:6-27
Solomon: Wisdom Personified
1 Kings 3-10
BEYOND THE GLORY:
Ignoring His Own Advice!
Proverbs 4:23 and 1 Kings 11
The Anatomy Of A Moral Failure:
1. It starts with a stupid decision.
2. It's blindsided by a growing temptation.
3. It ends with a sudden fall and personal disaster.
Four Things To Take Home:
Proverbs 5:3-11/ 1 Corinthians 6:18
1. Moral failure usually begins with a foolish decision.
2. Immorality is pleasurable in the short run.
3. Immorality is always a fatal attraction.
4. Our ability to resist is much less than we think.
1. As life's tough challenges unfold, behind the scenes we have God's forgiveness, grace and guidance to help us. All this is made possible because of Jesus' death for our sins. It enables us to have a relationship with a holy and perfect God we could never otherwise have. This is why we, as Christians, celebrate the Lord's Supper!
In preparation for Communion with your group, read
1 Peter 1:17-23; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28; and Hebrews 12:28 reflecting on the Last Supper and what Jesus has done for you personally.
2. Take a moment and write down your own thank you note to God for who He is, what He has done and what He has promised to do for you in the future.
Growth Group Homework
-Looking back at past Christmas seasons, what are some of your favorite parts of this ...
There are 3121 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1560 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!