Can Faith Really Save Us? (1 of 9) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Can Faith Really Save Us? (1 of 9)
Series: Faith and Prayer
Dr. Larry Osborne
How Important Is It?
- Without faith it is impossible to please God
A Biblical Definition
- Biblical Faith is trusting God enough to do what He says
Hebrews 11:6/ John 13:17/ James 2:20-26
- Biblical Faith isn't what rescues us - it's what guides us
Proverbs 3:5-7/ Hebrews 11:4-40
- Biblical Faith doesn't just believe in God - it believes God
James 2:19/ Ephesians 2:8-9/ James 2:14-26 and Romans 1:5
Six Things Faith Is Not
- Biblical Faith is not the absence of doubt
- Biblical Faith is not a vivid imagination
- Biblical Faith is not believing a set of facts about Jesus
- Biblical Faith is not a powerful force that manipulates God
- Biblical Faith is not believing the unbelievable
- Biblical Faith is not optimism
The Kind That Can Save Us
John 3:16 and 14:6/ John 13:17/ 1 John 2:3-5
- Trusting Jesus enough to follow Him
TAKING IT HOME
1. As you think about the sermon and homework, is there any area in which you're sensing the need to trust God enough to do what He says?
What's your next step in being obedient in this area?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching on Can Faith Really Save Us, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Larry listed six things that faith is not. As you look at the list, which one do you think people are most prone to think is a part of biblical faith?
Is there ...
There are 3310 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1655 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!