Do Things Go Better With Prayer? (5 of 9) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Do Things Go Better With Prayer? (5 of 9)
Series: Faith and Prayer
Pastor Chris Brown
1 Samuel 4:1-22
How Most People Think It Works
1. Tell God that you need help.
1 Samuel 4:1-3
2. Tell God what to do.
1 Samuel 4:3
3. Believe that God will answer.
1 Samuel 4:4-5
The All Too Common Result
- Frustration, bitterness, and resentment toward God.
1 Samuel 4:7-22, Proverbs 19:2-3
What The Bible Actually Says
- God's guidance is based on our obedience.
1 Samuel 2:30, 2 Chronicles 7:14-15, Exodus 19:5-6, Isaiah 58, 59:1-3, James 5:16,
1 John 3:22, Jeremiah 29:13, Deuteronomy 1:43-46, Proverbs 28:9, Micah 3:4
- God would rather be feared, than used.
1 Samuel 4:5-11, Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Ecclesiastes 12:13, 1 Peter 2:16-17, Proverbs 9:10, Psalm 111:10
God wants us to seek Him, not control Him,
to submit to Him, not Him to us.
- Instead of getting religious, get right with God.
1 Samuel 7:2-4, James 4:7-10, Proverbs 8:17, Psalm 34:17-18, Mark 12:28-31, John 15:1-17, John 21:1-19
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, is there something you specifically want to remember?
As we begin this new part of our series on prayer, is there anything specific you hope we cover on the topic of prayer?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, was there a particular point or passage of Scripture that challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. How would you describe prayer in your household growing up?
2. When it comes to prayer in your own life do you? …
• Prefer to pray silently instead of out loud
• Find your mind wandering when try ...
There are 3444 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1722 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!