Just Pray! (8 of 9) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Just Pray! (8 of 9)
Series: Faith and Prayer
Pastor Chris Brown
1 Samuel 1:1-28 and Matthew 15:21-28
Learning From Two Unlikely Experts
- Hannah's Story
1 Samuel 1:1-28
- The Canaanite Woman
- Three common ingredients:
4 Keys To Talking With Dad
1. We have to be on good terms.
Psalm 66:18, Proverbs 1:23-28, James 4:3, John 15:7
2. Just come with what you have.
Ephesians 6:18, Matthew 6:5-8, 11:28-30
3. The right heart is more important than the right words.
Psalm 6:8, Romans 8:26-27, Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 6:7
4. It's knowing both who we are, and whose we are.
1 Samuel 2:30, Matthew 7:7-11, John 1:12, Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:5-6
"Our worst sin may be prayerlessness, because of what it says about who we think is really in charge."
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. As we heard this weekend, one of the things that can keep us from praying is the idea that our prayers need to be polished and articulate. Read 1 Kings 18:16-39. How d ...
There are 2208 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1104 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!