How To Ruin A Great Homecoming? (5 of 68) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.How To Ruin A Great Homecoming? (5 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Pastor Chris Brown
ANOTHER PEEK INTO THE EARLY YEARS
JESUS CLAIMED TO BE GOOD NEWS TO THE:
Luke 4:18-21, Isaiah 58-61
WHY THE DANCE GOT UGLY
Luke 4:22-30, 1 Kings 17:8-24, 2 Kings 5:1-27
- We want to feel better, Jesus wants us to get better.
- We want a God that blesses us, not changes us.
- Jesus came to save us from our sin, not our problems.
- We can either get rid of our disobedience, or Jesus.
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what is most important for you to remember? Explain why.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there a particular point, verse or comment that caught your attention, challenged you or raised a question?
1. It's no surprise that most of us at times wish God would do certain things or be someone different than He really is. Complete the following sentence:
"In all honesty, at times I wish God would be or do…"
2. Jesus has good news for us all. Looking back at your spiritual journey, which of the four audiences mentioned in this week's teaching do you relate to the most and wh ...
There are 2738 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1369 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!